While our business focus here at BFF Foam Corp. is to provide outstanding products with excellent customer service, we are guided in all our decisions by our social and corporate responsibility in ensuring that all we do limit potential impacts on our environment here at home and around the world.
Here are a few facts about BFF Foam Corp.’s environmental and socially responsible practices:
- We are a family run business, whose ownership strongly believes in giving back to the community, and supporting those affected by disease.
- We believe in our employees, and know that respect and fairness, should always be an integral part of our culture.
- We consider the environment in all of our daily decision making, down to the type of cleaners that we use to maintain a healthy facility.
- Our recycling programs go well beyond recycling just our scrap foam material.
- Our sourcing decisions will not always be the least costly, but will always be ones that have been weighted against the environmental impact.
Here are a few facts about foam and our foam products at BFF Foam Corp.:
BFF Foam Corp. is proud to be a CertiPUR-US® compliant company (http://certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products). CertiPUR-US® is a program that is administered by a not for profit organization, and is the most rigorous and comprehensive certification for polyurethane foam.
There are a number of misconceptions and myths about the foam industry that we’d like to address for our customers – we are proud of our environmental stewardship and our efforts to focus on ‘green’ efforts, and we’d like to ensure that each of our customers has the information they need in this regard.
- Foam is an inert substance once it has been cured. Contrary to reports in the media in recent years, there is no known data to support the argument that foam in its cured state produces any toxic “off-gassing”, carcinogens or volatile organic compounds.
- Our foam products do NOT contain PBDEs (polybrominated diphenyl ethers), a chemical that is used as a fire retardant in some polyurethane foam and other household projects.
- Our foam products do NOT contain any CFCs (chlorofluorocarbons), making them better for us and for the ozone layer.
- In most of our foams, either water or CO2 are used as blowing agents, when needed, which produces no “off-gassing”.
- Some of our foam grades are now “natural,” which means that a portion of the petrochemical used in the manufacturing process is now being replaced with renewable plant-based polyols. This helps us further reduce our environmental foot print.
- Some of our foams are produced using a method called variable pressure foaming (VPF) technology that is considered to set the standard in environmentally responsible foam manufacturing. This process provides a higher yield from raw materials compared to traditional foaming methods, and reduces air emissions; VPF technology exceeds the Clean Air Act requirements, and produces a higher quality, more consistent product than foam poured by other methods.
- The glue that we use is non-toxic, water-based and Greenguard Indoor Air Quality Certified. The GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification Program gives assurance that products designed for use in office environments and other indoor spaces meet strict chemical emissions limits, which contribute to the creation of healthier interiors.
- Our 100% Natural and Talalay latex products are Oeko-Tex certified.
- We recycle 100% of our new foam scraps into a product called rebond, which virtually eliminates new product being sent to the landfill. We encourage our customers to send us their clean scrap, which we can also recycle.
We are constantly looking for new ways to create high quality products that our customers can take comfort in knowing were produced in the most environmentally-friendly ways possible.
To learn more about our processes, our commitment to the environment or the foam industry, please contact one of our sales professionals.